Duane Bozarth

ted harris wrote:

No. Never been a documented case of an explosion in a dust collector
system. ...

Are you sure of that? (I don't have one, but "never" is a long, long
time...)

I'll have to look up the article in Fine Woodworking a year or two ago
and refresh my recollections...an Oneida air systems guy wrote in after
the published article w/ some additional info/insight as well. I don't
recall the exact data/facts, however, I do remember that it does take
large duct systems (relative to home shops) for there to be an
explosion hazard, however. I don't recall whether there were documented
cases listed there other than lab data, however. (Of course grain dust
explosions are well known).