Charles Morrill

On 2004-12-19 00:35:51 -0500, "Bogone" said:

The new Snap-On Boxes are fairly secure. They have guarded locks and
cylindrical keys. I'm not saying that you couldn't get in to one with a
48 inch pinch bar but I'd wager not many boxes will foil a true thief.
My only pont about these boxes is they hold there value. Whats yours
going to be worth in ten years? I'll bet mine is still worth what I
paid for it." It cost a bundle, but you can in fact put casters on
it. Snap-on Boxes come with casters and all you have to do is add
cosiderably to your bundle to get one.

Well, since I keep the Knaack inside the large shop building where
I work, I figure it will be worth about the same, especially
considering the overall way steel prices seem to be going. The
storagemaster is also so big that it takes care of the larger stuff I
need to store securely because of the job I have, stuff like miter
saws, air compressors, large wood toolboxes, etc., in addition to all
of the machinist stuff. It's really more like a small room than it is a
tool box, and buying one has given me enormous piece of mind. The large
flip-down ramp also adds to the shrine-like appearance, especially when
you add a couple of candlesticks on either side...
You're right about the determined thief aspect to all this stuff.
My friend Red, former fire fighter, points out that most fire
departments have an abrasive saw that will get through anything in
about five seconds. Only an idiot would try to use a pinch bar. I guess
the only thing that saves us is that most thieves are pretty dumb.

Charles Morrill