Duane Bozarth

ROBERT LADD wrote:

"Art" wrote in message
nk.net...
How old is the house?

30 years old.

Yep, sounds like galvanized and you'll almost certainly (as someone else
noted) need the line replaced...problem is, when you try to
repair/replace one joint, the joints are so corroded often one can't
break them apart w/o tearing up the next pipe section too. Plus, if
there's a leak in one place, there's bound to be more in the future.

I'd suggest finding the leak if you can and see for sure what it is...if
it is galvanized, I'd probably call a service and plan on replacing the
whole feed line w/ plastic and not even bother to repair the
existing...simply dig the trench and lay new line beside the existing
and cut if off and abondon it in place...