BigWallop

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
Using one connector on the circuit cables and then single tails
to the socket turns the socket into an unfused spur.

Sorry to interrupt, but can I just make sure I have this clear?

As long as I don't exceed the permitted number of spurs, I can fit a
junction box into a ring circuit and take two separate single cables from

it
to two separate double-sockets, and this counts as two individual spurs?

Bert

Junction boxes are not really allowed on a final ring mains circuit. A ring
mains is rated, usually, at 32 Amps total running load, so a junction box
with terminals rated at this loading current are pretty big things. You are
allowed one fused spur from each socket on a final ring mains circuit if you
wish. To take a single cable to supply two individual double sockets that
have a total loading capability of 4 X 13 Amps = 52 Amps where the diversity
rule doesn't apply, isn't allowed.