Bill

Bob_M wrote:

As a result of two major renovations and an upgrade to 200A service it
seems that the handwritten identification of circuit breakers is quite
incorrect.

Finally I decided the time has come to identify them and label them
correctly for easier location when a particular circuit needs to be
switched off.

I tried one of the cheapie circuit breaker wands from HD and needless
to day it didn't work very well at all and was returned. I then
searched the internet and finally purchased a GB Instruments GET1200
Circuit Tracker pair. It seemed to offer a cord mounted wand with a
narrow pointer connected to a receiver with about 12 LED's for signa
strength and it appeared I was all set to go.

This morning I actually had to change a ceiling fixture so the power
needed to be cut. Great! I plugged in the separate transmitter in a
wall outlet in that room and went to the basement with my receiver and
cord mounted wand. Boy - was I read to solve all my electrical
problems.

Unfortunately, the received indicated that EVERY circuit breater in
the main box was "THE ONE" I was looking for. The audio and visual
indicators couldn't have been stronger. There's got to be something
wrong. Finally I removed the transmitter module from the wall socket
in the particular in question and to my surprise, still each breaker
was indicated "The One". I think there must be some serious
interference causing this.

So, does anyone have any experience with the product and in eighther
case, are there any electricians reading that can elighten me as to
why there is so much interference?

What was going to be a rather simple task has now turned disappointing
and troublesom.

Thoughts???

Thanks

And while you are checking them, why don't you make a
sketch map of the house and mark the map so you can just
glance at it and see which breaker to turn off to kill
any particular outlet/light.

Bill Gill