Grunff

Mike wrote:

It's supposed to be about 42 volts. Does your ADSL work perfectly ?

It's now on/off, but when it's on, I can get about 960Mbit.

If so it probably isn't the line at all but a dodgy board or connector at
the telephone equipment at their end. The signal comes out of this and then
into the ADSL rack then out to you. This really is "spagetti junction"
with huge bundles of 50 pairs dangling all over the place and a single
damaged or intermittent wire wouldn't surprise me.

You can get VoIP as a backup. This uses the ADSL for voice and whilst you
would aquire another phone number it would give you some form of service.

Yes, we use voip between our offices, and i have a couple of voip-pots
accounts.

--
Grunff