TEX

Thanks for that James. That is what I thought, one posistor for the
degauss (the back box type with the three legs) and one for the software
power on (the disc ceramic looking one with two legs). I have put back
in anyway, but the psu is still doing the same thing....not doing anything.

Gonna have to check if the standby voltages are present, otherwise just
convert the silly thing to a PC ATX power supply and mod it to a new case.

Thanks

TEX

James Sweet wrote:

"TEX" wrote in message ...

NSM wrote:

"TEX" wrote in message

| I have had another look and there is a proper posistor (black box with
| three legs), this thing I am having probs identifying looks like a

large

| disc ceramic capacitor. Black in color. Has the markings 15D15. Runs
| inline with the fuse.

Inline with the whole set?

Yeah. it runs in series straight after the main fuse on the live trace.
It looks like it might be a heater or something? It measures 23ohms
across it, even with a chunk missing from it. Any more help??

Thanks

Sounds like a posistor to limit the inrush current when the mail filter
capacitor charges, the resistance drops as it warms up. They're often used
when the power supply is software controlled to prevent the current spike
from damaging the triac controlling the power.