Larry Jaques

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 12:58:09 -0600, Duane Bozarth
calmly ranted:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Put in your zipcode and they'll tell you what store is closest to you.

Except it fails if there isn't one..

Yeah, isn't that app a beaut?

If your state isn't included in Lowes' range, pick a zip from some
place like NYC or L.A. Google for it by searching "los angeles zip
code" or use www.zipcode.com to find it precisely.

Why should I have to??? Doing things for me is what computers are
supposed to be for!

I refuse to do something that is so inanely stoopid...

That redundant word is spelled "stupid", and the answer to the
question is "because -you- want the info from that particular site."

It's just an idiotic/simplistic site design created by someone who never
saw a town less than several hundred thousand, undoubtedly...

More likely it's some clown in Corporate who has never used a website
so (s)he doesn't even know WTF to ask for or how to spec it so we
designers can give them what they and their clients/users _need_.
I agree, it's a bad design which ****es me off every time I use it,
too. Even if I know they have it, if I can't find it online to check
price and availability, I go elsewhere to shop for it. Their loss.

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?