Sam

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

George wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

When he didn't hear a whistling overfill alarm signal within a couple of
seconds after opening the hose nozzle he should have known something was
wrong and slammed the nozzle closed.

Not all tanks have whistles. Should they? Sure. But, as I said, not all

do.

The lack of a simple Scully can ruin one's day...

I happened to sit next to a fuel oil dealer at my Rotary Club's lunch
meeting yesterday and asked him if tank overfill signals for "hidden"
tanks were required by code here in Taxachusetts. He replied that they
have been for as long as he can remember. He also said that the code
requires capping disconnected fillpipes.

I don't know nuttin about Jersey though...

Has been required in NJ for many decades.