John Miller

"Derek Doormer" wrote in message
Oh I ordered the SW joints from screwfix but wasn't looking at ordering
the pipe from them as they only do big packs and I only need a few.
Anyone know If the joints from screwfix are suitable for use with the pipe
sold in Wickes.
Thanks
DD
"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:48:40 -0000, "Derek Doormer"
strung together this:

Does the
pipe I use have to be specific for solvent joints or can I use any.

The pipe sizes for waste vary slightly from manufacturer to
manufacturer as well as between SW and push fit so I would use the
same make as the fittings.
There are some manufacturers that have compatible pipe sizes but from
memory I can't remember who's.
--

SJW

Derek

Just finished a bathroom project at my daughter's and used Screwfix joints
with Wickes solvent weld pipe. Joints a tight fit dry but worked fine when
put together with the solvent.

John Miller