toller

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:21:28 GMT, "toller" wrote:

My understanding is that #8nmc can be attached to the bottom of joists,
but
#10nmc must run through holes in them. Is that correct?

I need to run two new cables, a 10/3 and a 12/2. If I ran them together,
they would have more mass than a 8/2. Can I attach them to the bottom of
the joists, or is code real specific on the matter?

Thanks.

You should run them through the joists, with a hole drilled mid-point
where needed. If attached to the bottom of the joists, use metal
conduit.

Why metal rather than plastic?