Lazarus Long

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 16:04:03 -0500, Bob G.
wrote:

e.

Constuction quality of the tool plays a role too - no plastic for me.
Milwaukee and the other top brands use metal gears and other quality
features. Check the reviews. My previous drill died last week. Not
of any heavy use, but because a plastic boss broke off inside and beat
the hell out of the armature resulting in a short in the windings. It
went up in smoke. Too bad, so sad. What's the point? Too much
plastic in the construction of the tool in the wrong place is a bad
thing.

Well The outside shell on my Milwaukee (14.4) is plastic...and yes it
will break when dropped off a roof.....I KNOW....

The good news is that a replacement shell retails for about 8 bucks..
Took about 5 minutes to swap it with the broken shell... DAMN the
drill looked like new ... lol

Bob Griffiths.

Yeah, can't get aluminum housings anymore. Not sure I'd want one
again.

You know what I mean - important parts like gears and such ought not
be plastic. Housings - yes, there's certainly plenty tough plastics
for cover duty.

When it's dropped off a roof, all bets are off even it's made of all
metal.