J. Clarke

Leon wrote:

"Tim Douglass" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 18:13:39 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Jobs wanted everything under Apples control and there was basically no
choice.

Actually I don't think that philosophy started until the Macintosh.
During the Apple II days *everybody* made stuff for the Apple.

The may be true. All I recall is that this was the situation at one time.

To some extent when the Mac was introduced, but not to the extent that you
claim. There was always third-party software. Further, given the
popularity of the Mac when it first came out, Apple clearly was doing
_something_ right.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)