Lobby Dosser

Gino wrote:

I would love to see a discussion of this.
When designing things like garden gates and arbors, even fence panels
and window placement I often create stuff that doesn't look quite
right, other times it looks great.

I understand to concept sorta, of the golden rectangle but what about
other shapes like rounded top gates, ovals, etc.

Examples.
I make one gate it looks great another looks a little off, but I
really can't see why.
I make a lattice frame arbor and it looks terrific, change the size
and shape of the 'holes' or the boards and it looks awkward, clunky.

Look for this book: The Geometry of Design. It's available on amazon.com.
Everything you want to know and more. It gets mixed reviews, but I like it.