xstrange

For any of you machineheads around the Los Angeles area, I can give you
a good report about Reliable Tool Company. They have their own "store"
on ebay, and constantly have hundreds of machines, tooling, and
industrial items up for auction. I've bought two machines from them so
far, and have been very happy with what I got. They're basically just
reselling what they buy from factory liquidations, so you're not
getting guaranteed ready-to-run machines. But they photograph and
describe their machines well, so you know what you're bidding on.

I picked up both machines at their place in Irwindale. The paperwork
was quick, and they loaded them right on my truck. They apparently do a
big volume of business. If you have some time, it's fascinating to
wander around their warehouse and look at all the neat toys. They also
have a huge store next door which has tons of surplus and new tooling.
There are bins of taps, drill bits, reamers, lathe tools, etc., etc.,
mostly for $4 per pound. It's a great place to pick up those odds and
ends.