willshak

On 12/18/2004 3:47 PM US(ET), Greg took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

Isn't there a sensitivity control? These thigs seem to be a bit touchy between
no indication and "the one".

I bought a "Circuit Detective" from Radio Shack" on-line. $30.00
It works pretty good.
I used it trace a circuit for an outlet that I was tapping off for a new
outlet. It found the breaker.
It only has an outlet plug for the transmitter. I also had to remove a 3
way switch and box to put in a double switch box to add an additional
switch for the newly installed outlet. I was hoping that I could use it
to trace the circuit of a light fixture, but I didn't have a screw in
outlet for a standard bulb socket handy, so I don't know how well that
would have worked. Through the old method of having someone call out
when the light went off as I pulled breakers, I found the breaker that
controlled the kitchen ceiling labeled as "front door light".