Martin Angove

Default Earth Bonding Shower Pipework

In message ,
"Justin" jsheldon@ remove me lineone.net wrote:

First of all do I need to, I presume so ?

If I need to as I suspect, whats the best practise? Is it acceptable/best to
cross bond the copper pipe back to the existing bonded pipework, or back to
an earth connection at the back of a socket ?

As I understand it, everything in the bathroom needs to be bonded to
everything else. In other words, the CPC (earth wire) terminal inside
the shower is bonded to the cold pipe entering the shower, which is
bonded to the bath and basin taps (hot and cold - yes cold again to
account for dodgy joints or valves in the way) which are bonded to the
metalwork of a metal bath which is bonded to any radiator and/or heating
pipework which is bonded to the CPC in any shaver outlet (even though it
is double insulated), which is bonded to the CPC in any fan and which
may also need to be bonded to the CPC of the light and indeed
*anything* else metal which may be "earthy".

The one thing which isn't neccessary is to run the bond back to the main
earth terminal in / near the consumer unit!

HTH

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... Copywight 1994 Elmer Fudd. All wights wesewved