The Natural Philosopher

mrcheerful . wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

A question that sprang to mind in an idle moment....

I have noticed many of the tyre replacement shops use a typical setup with
a central compressor and receiver, feeding lots of fixed pipework taking
air round the workshop, and finally flexible hoses for the impact drivers
and other equipment that requires it. Many of these shops are equipped
with inline oilers toward the front end of the supply, such that all the
tools get an oiled air flow.

However what is going to be the long term effect (if any) on the tyres
when they also use this oiled air supply to inflate the tyre after
fitting?

--
Cheers,

John.

You should get your tyres blown up with nitrogen, many tyre places do this
nowadays, the advantages are inert with the rubber and the tyres don't lose
pressure so quickly.

Well my Land rover tyres have never ever been inflated from new, and at
5 years and 50,000 miles are still doing well.

She may cost on diesel, but boy thats all she ever need bar filters and
oil changes...

mrcheerful