Leon

"Dan White" wrote in message
I'm looking into Lowes' 20% off sale and want a new drill. The one I have
is a rather weak cordless with the small battery (12v?). I've also lost
the
charger, but that's another story. Anyway I want to be able to drill
in/out
3" screws into studs, and drill into concrete with a masonry bit. I found
that the 12v drill didn't have the torque to do it. I borrowed a cheap
corded drill the other day and it drove those screws like nothing.

What do you guys recommend? If the price is in the $200's US or lower I
don't care about the money. It looks like the most expensive one is a
Dewalt 18v. Is this going to match up favorably with a corded drill of
the
same quality? Will the battery last a long time? I won't be using the
drill often but I wan't one that can do everything a decent corded drill
can
do without the cord hassle.

Lets see, 110 volt over 12 volt... Humm I wonder which is stronger... 110
volt over 24 volt... Still the 110 volt wins by a land slide. If you need
power get corded. IMHO larger voltage drills used near an electrical source
make no since. 110 volts stomps battery operated drills. I have had 8
battery operated drills but all so far all have been 12 volt and less.
Those drills and my corded do everything I want a hand drill to do. The
advantage to cordless are not having a cord to deal with and they get you
out of a bind when there is no electricity to plug in to. The big voltage
cordless drills are way too heavy for my liking.