On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:11:03 -0500, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:48:17 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

My dad saw boss after boss pass on a few years after retirement. So he
retired at 55 (or tried to it was 57 by the time he got out). Now at
84 (two days ago) he still travels to timeshare locations, visits family
and writes code. He started a software company when he retired. He closed
it down 10 years after when he moved to a new state. Tx to Az. Now he
has G size trains, enrolled in multiple classes and teaches 1. He is
far to active. Mom crossed over this last year.

I'm in the process of semi-retirement now myself.

Martin

I got bought out at 55 at a little less than half pay, but considering
deductions and the cost of working more than 100 miles from where I
chose to remain living after a job relocation, I didn't take much of a
cut in net income. Ten years later, and I still haven't discovered how
I ever found time to work in a position with such a bunch of over
educated, uninteligent stuffed shirts. I am certain that I could play
in my shop 80 hours per week and still learn something new every day.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

If I'm very fortunate I'm never going to retire. It's too much fun if
you're self-employed and doing something you really love doing.

--RC

Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent