DOC

Well there aren't too many machine tools that need to be clean
in order to work properly. :-o

As long as the sliding surfaces and such don't have any grunge
just keep them oiled properly.

If you do insist...

You can use something like Varsol.

Or if you want to be more agressive, try Ed's Red.
It's a homebrew of acetone, transmission fluid and
I forget what else.

Used to clean guns, just do a lookup on the net for the formula.

DOC

"Roy" wrote in message
On 18 Dec 2004 06:16:30 GMT, (Dueknot) wrote:

===Two questions- I have a Bridgeport style verticle mill w/ 9x42

table. I'd like
===to get a rotary table and see they seem to be offered in 2"

increments. What
===size is appropriate for this mill? 8", !0" 12"?
=== Second- What best to safely clean the usual shop gunge off machine

tools.
===What do the auctioneers use to make things look so good before a

sale? Thanks
===for your help.

RT's go up quite substantially in weight once you get past the 12 inch
size. Most common are 12 inch on the BPs witha 42" table. Go as large
as possible as you always runo ut of room on a RT to secure the item
your working on.

Hmmmmmm cleaned up machine tools, never yet been to an auction where
anyone ever went to any trouble to clean up the machines, usually they
were just like they were when pulled from use.......

Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.