TaskMule

"Dan White" wrote in message
I'm looking into Lowes' 20% off sale and want a new drill. The one I have
is a rather weak cordless with the small battery (12v?). I've also lost

the
charger, but that's another story. Anyway I want to be able to drill

in/out
3" screws into studs, and drill into concrete with a masonry bit. I found
that the 12v drill didn't have the torque to do it. I borrowed a cheap
corded drill the other day and it drove those screws like nothing.

What do you guys recommend? If the price is in the $200's US or lower I
don't care about the money. It looks like the most expensive one is a
Dewalt 18v. Is this going to match up favorably with a corded drill of

the
same quality? Will the battery last a long time? I won't be using the
drill often but I wan't one that can do everything a decent corded drill

can
do without the cord hassle.

Thanks for any suggestions,

dwhite

Cordless hammer drills are just not up to the task. They may drill several
small tapcon holes but anything more is a job for corded.
Makita makes a decent corded hammer/regualr two speed/variable for under
$200 (cdn)