Donald Guzzetta

If you are driving screws most of the time a cordless 19 -24 volt is a great
tool for you. Masonary drilling requires a hammer drill,they do make
cordless combo hammer/rotory drills that work great on bits up to about 1/4
to 3/8ths.Anything larger than that they just don't have the juice (I have a
19.2 Porter cable, Top of the line drill) If your doing a lot of masonary
drilling you can't beat a good old fashion corded hammer drill.

"Dan White" wrote in message
I'm looking into Lowes' 20% off sale and want a new drill. The one I have
is a rather weak cordless with the small battery (12v?). I've also lost
the
charger, but that's another story. Anyway I want to be able to drill
in/out
3" screws into studs, and drill into concrete with a masonry bit. I found
that the 12v drill didn't have the torque to do it. I borrowed a cheap
corded drill the other day and it drove those screws like nothing.

What do you guys recommend? If the price is in the $200's US or lower I
don't care about the money. It looks like the most expensive one is a
Dewalt 18v. Is this going to match up favorably with a corded drill of
the
same quality? Will the battery last a long time? I won't be using the
drill often but I wan't one that can do everything a decent corded drill
can
do without the cord hassle.

Thanks for any suggestions,

dwhite