Bob

"Matthew" wrote in message
The space I work in is about 10x20 -- and with the table saw centrally
located it covers everything with dust. This is also the space I do

finish
work in, so I end up spending a lot of time cleaning -- which is a waste

of
time, not to mention the crud in the nose

I currently own a homemade cyclone, tho, which is VERY effective on my
planer, and jointer, and shaper. You give me hope that the Unisaw may be
"collectible" (pun intended, assuredly) -- any advice on that? Above

table,
below table?

If you use a zero clearance insert, a large portion of the dust is going to
be above the table and cabinet collection will do no good. A good overblade
guard with excellent dust collection will help a lot and it doesn't require
that you replace your saw. I'm so obsessive compulsive that I build a
separate dust collection nozzle independent of the blade guard. Its not for
most people, but it works better than most setups for dust collection.

Bob