mrcheerful
.. wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all

I have just had my kitchen drylined and now the cables entering the
backboxes are too short to be easily wired into the socket/light
switches. I'd like to just extend the cables with a chocolate box
connector (I think thats what they're called!)My question is what

type
do I need, I see 30AMP big ones and other smaller ones. whats the
smallest connector I can get away with, is it dependent on the

ampage
of the connected device?

Cheers

Richy

you CAN extend them by any means practicable (but you should use

proper
mains connector blocks which won't fit in the space available) which

may in
the long run give problems and danger, but the correct and safest fix

is to
rewire or pull through some slack.

mrcheerful

Thanks for your reply:

How big are these, do yo mean the big 30AMP connectors? The problem I
have is that the back boxes are recessed into the brick wall, I dont
have the option of fitting other deeper backboxes, pulling any slack
cable through or running any new cable. The wall is not a stud wall and
getting access under the floorboards and attempting to run new cable
would be virtually impossible as the plaster board has been dab and
dobbed (whatever you call it) Also I haven't a clue what a crimper is
and how I use one.

Thanks!

Richard