Jim Thorogood

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:01:45 +0000, Jeff Allen
wrote:

John wrote:

"Jim Thorogood" wrote in message

[snip]
At the moment the boiler
ignites and burns for a few seconds but the the green light continues
to flash at high frequency instead of going on continuously as it
should , the burner then extinguishes.

Amongst other possible causes - Check for a break in the ignition/flame
sense lead. A gap will permit sparks to pass but block the sensing current.

Yes this is the most likely cause. I had exactly the same problem with
mine a while ago and replacing the ignition/flame sense lead fixed it.

Thanks, I'll get a replacement lead and try it, maybe a break in the
sense lead would explain why it works for a day or so after I've had
the cover off and checked al the connections.