PAUL100

Subject: Small Concrete Projects
From: "philly"
Date: 12/18/2004 9:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

I have some concrete repair to do and I am considering using a Skill HD77
worm gear circular saw and diamond blade to remove the old concrete. Does
this seem like a good approach? Any experience with this approach. Anyone
have alternative ideas? I don't won't to go the rental approach because I
have a lot of small applications that I will be doing over many weekends and
don't won't the expense of repeated rentals.

I assume that I will have to supplement the sawing process with hand cold
chisel work to completely remove the concrete, is that correct?

Philly

that saw will work fine for cutting grooves into the concrete. It wont cut all
the way through unless you have thin concrete. we usually cut the concrete as
deep as the saw will go then we use a hammer gun to break out the section.
make sure you use some water on the blade unless you like to have a lot of
dust. they make dry and wet diamond blades. You can use water on the dry
blades just to keep the dut down.