Tobin wrote:

TUBES are GREAT!
Natural lighting can do wonders for a dark room. And most products
offer dampers which allow you to control the amount of light coming
from the tube. Huvco offers the best diffuser I have seen. ( I have
four in my home office.) I swithced out the original two, to the Huvco
diffuser.
www.huvco.com
Check them out, they come highly recommended.
Tobin.

Intersting. My m-in-law has tubular skylights in her bathroom (no other
natural lights) and it makes a huge differnence.

Are there any horizontal variants of these?? We just finished a
basement, and one of the rooms ended up being windowless. Just behind
its rear finished wall in an adjacent unfinished area, there is a
casement window in the foundation...I'd love to move some of that
natural light from that casement window the finished room...if the
fixture didn't look too riduculous.

Anybody familiar with such a product?