ted harris

In news:Scott Lurndal typed:
"ted harris" writes:
In news:Charlie Self typed:
Bridger responds:

Who says sawstop does not work? You?

no, underwriter's laboratories.

I thought they were outsourcing it to a low-cost country.

As do Delta, Powermatic, Grizzly, and many others? In fact, is there a
single saw made in the US?

And yet, the people who make a living making saws don't like it
either. Hm.

Of course not, because it is a better product. And by the looks of the
machinery they are making, it will be a better product as well.

yeah, right....

Ah well. Point him at a little but difficult tome called The True
Believer. Eric Hoffer write it, I think sometime in the middle or late
'50s, and our society is becoming permeated with them, on one topic or
another. And sometimes on all.

Charlie Self
"Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power." Eric Hoffer

Just who are you acusing of being alienated? Is it possible that the mass
movement against sawstop is the very group that is in fact alienated?

Trying hard as I can to read it into Charlie's prose, I can't find whre
he accused anyone of being alienated.

scott

Perhaps you should read the book then.
--