ted harris

In news:Scott Lurndal typed:
"ted harris" writes:
In news:Lobby Dosser typed:

On a more serious note:

I consider the chainsaw far more dangerous than the tablesaw, but don't
use it as frequently. Wonder if the SawStop sensor mechanism would work
on a chainsaw? All they'd have to do is shut down the motor.

I think it wilol work on anything that has a rotational blade. If it
works on a bandsaw, it should work on a chainsaw too.

So every time you hit a nail you need a new chainsaw blade? And since
the sawstop needs to be disabled when cutting metallic substances, what
happens when you hit a nail in a piece of barnwood? New blade and unit
required?

scott

I really don't know a thing about chainsaws, so I can't comment.
--
Ted Harris
http://www.tedharris.com