Gerald Miller

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:02:45 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Yesterday I was trying to recount a story I heard years
ago. It was something like... a US company makes an
incredibly small drill, drills a hole in something, sends
it to their Swiss/German counterparts to show it off,
Counterparts send the part back with the hole tapped and
a screw in it.

Does anyone know the story and is it true?

The way I heard this 60 years ago was that the sent the drill as an
example of their capabilities, and it came back drilled through and
bolted to a plaque stating "drill made in USA, mounted in Switzerland"
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada