Asimov

"Franc Zabkar" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Dec 04 07:39:15)
--- on the heady topic of " new microwave oven with no seal?"

FZ From: Franc Zabkar

FZ On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:48:34 +1300, Lawrence D9Oliveiro
FZ put finger to keyboard and
FZ composed:

In article , "wave" wave@waving wrote:

I was talking about the brown hard rubber like material on the inside of the
door which I think use to be in all microwaves, certainly all the ones I
ever seen.

Rubber isn't going to stop microwaves, is it?

FZ Wouldn't a rubber seal exacerbate leakage issues? I mean, wouldn't it
FZ effectively *create* a gap through which microwaves could leak?

Maybe "metalized" silicon rubber is a good shield for microwaves?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Puddy-tat's not so bwave in Gwanny's microwave!