Asimov

"Dingo" bravely wrote to "All" (18 Dec 04 09:26:19)
--- on the heady topic of " Trouble with treadmill and transformer"

Many modern transformers, intended for consumer devices, have built-in
fire protection in a thermal fuse that opens up when the windings
overheat. Sometimes this thermal fuse is accessible and can be easily
replaced but unfortunately it is sometimes buried under the windings.

A*s*i*m*o*v

Di From: "Dingo"

Di "I would really love to fix this as cheaply as posisble. (Baby due any
Di day.) "

Di AND

Di "On the transformer it reads: class2 model/pin 15-8385 imput 115 volts
Di output 8vac 1.6 amps"

Di Maybe it is a good idea to spend the $60. You don't want that baby to
Di growup with only one parent now. I mean chances are you won't kill
Di yourself but why play around with mains voltage and rick it if you
Di haven't had training? And if you end up in hospital, $60 is cheap, if
Di the new transformer shorts and burns down your house, $60 is cheap, if
Di the new transformer kills something else in the treadmill, $60 is
Di cheap.
Di Remember it is just a treadmill, don't zap yourself just to save
Di walking outside.

Di wrote in message
Di oups.com...
I have a treadmill out of warrent that stoped working. The display
would not light up. I traced it to the "power board". I had someone at
work check it and said the transformer is "open" and therefore bad. He
said maybe some diodes on the same board are bad.

A new board form the factory is 60 bucks. I would really love to fix
this as cheaply as posisble. (Baby due any day.) Is it possible to just
replace the transformer on the board? On the transformer it reads:

class2 model/pin 15-8385 imput 115 volts output 8vac 1.6 amps.

Where could I find one? ALso, how would I check for a bad diode with my
voltmeter?

The treadmill is an immage model number 1mtl3952.

I am kind of a newbie but was able to diagnose the problem down to this
circuit board based on the wiring diagram inside the cover of the
treadmill.

Thanks again!

.... Transformer designers take turns doing it.