tzipple

Nor did I say that you said so. I simply asked what the limits were of
your distaste for governmet regulation. Am I correct to assume that you
think that government regulation can be a good and necessary thing? If
so, we might have a reasonable discussion about the merits of regulation
in this particular instance. If not, then you must oppose the other
examples that I raised.

Again, so what if they use government to impose the adoption of someting
that the free market did not want... if the imposition is a good thing.
Your suggestions seemed to be that such an approach was categorically
wrong. Am I misunderstanding?

I am simple asking if encouraging the government to adopt any such
regulations if acceptable to you. If it is, let's talk about the merits
of StopSaw rather that the use of government to impose regulation.

By the way, technically speaking, this is a "counter example", not a
straw man. It is a fair and valued approach to philosophical investigation.

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , tzipple wrote:

I asked a question. I did not assign any point of view. And it is not a
"cheap tactic." It is a fair question to pose to those who argue that an
unfettered free market is a good thing. Let's see if he responds... as
you did not.

Indeed it is... but I did not argue that an unfettered free market is a good
thing. That's *your* strawman. I said no such thing.

--
Regards,