Charles Morrill

O.K., my story goes like this: Once upon a time, I was an
idealistic fellow who believed that only crass, selfish people lock
their tools up at night in the millwork shop where I'm employed as the
knife grinder/moulder mechanic. After all, I thought, some child of
God might need to come in some weekend or stay late, and they might not
be as fortunate as I. Perhaps they can't afford the tools they might
need to work overtime to help feed the wife and kids...
This turned out to be true. Trouble was, my new Milwaukee grinder
never somehow made it back to my workbench and it's still out there
somewhere, helping the needy...
Then, my Dewalt circular saw suffered a similar fate, and it
slowly began to dawn on even me that my Starrett collection would soon
be deemed essential for more bong hits and nose powder.
As I didn't think God intended this, and I'm certain I didn't, I
went shopping and discovered a magnificent thing called a Knaack
Storagemaster model 91:
http://www.toolfetch.com/tools/91.html?id=qBwKmEfS
It cost a bundle, but you can in fact put casters on it. Inside,
you can stash stuff in the trays for awhile until you save up for a
Gerstner (that will live inside) or better yet, build a series of
wooden drawers yourself. It will also fit bigger stuff like the pancake
air compressor, the rotary table, the great grandfather's toolbox from
the West Point Foundry, a nightstand, and probably even a small cot.
I have recently discovered that my stuff tends to stick around a
lot longer now, and that people even ask me before they borrow
something. Get this, they even make a point of returning it so it's
still there for more honest folks to borrow.
In looking around, I find that most of the fancy toolboxes that
promise security are just that, fancy promises. My heart would still be
out there on my sleeve if I'd bought a Snap-On. Meanwhile, I think
dents almost add character to the Knaack. Sure, you can break into it
if you're determined, but it looks quite a bit tougher than some of the
fancy stuff at Sears for about the same money. My advice is that if you
want security, buy security. If you want something that looks nice,
that's o.k. too, just realize that you might be better off separating
the two desires.

Charles Morrill