Tim Douglass

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:24:39 -0800, "ted harris"
wrote:

I think it wilol work on anything that has a rotational blade. If it works
on a bandsaw, it should work on a chainsaw too.

I would fear that trying to stop the chain that quickly would tend to
create an unacceptably high risk of having chain parts flying around.
Add to that the fact that chain saws operate in environments that are
far from controlled, often in the rain, snow, mud etc. and cut green
wood a lot I can see *way* too many opportunities for false positives
for it to be a practical solution on a chain saw. Add the need to keep
it as small and light as possible and I think it's a complete
non-starter. Current chain-braking technology works acceptably well
for most circumstances that matter with a chain saw (kickback) and is
unlikely to be greatly improved on by adding complexity.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com