Doug Miller

In article , "ted harris" wrote:
In news:J. Clarke typed:
ted harris wrote:

In news:Hank Gillette typed:
I can understand and empathize with that feeling to a certain extent. I
have a libertarian streak when it comes to things that are a personal
choice and do not affect other people. The recreational drug laws in
this country are (IMO) counter-productive and a restraint on personal
freedom. They also benefit those companies that sell legal recreational
drugs (alcohol and tobacco).

Are you implying that tobacco use does not affect other people?

No, he's implying that if Marijuana was legal it would likely hurt tobacco
sales and thus the tobacco companies have a vested interest in keeping it
illegal. Please do try to follow the argument.

I find it interesting that you single out tobacco use as 'affecting other
people' but seem to ignore the effects of drunk driving.

I find it abolutely unbelievable that you don't understand the SIMPLE FACT
that when you drink, it does not make everyone else around you drunk!

OTOH, fatal traffic accidents caused by drivers under the influence of tobacco
are, as far as I know, extremely rare events.

--
Regards,