Frank Ketchum

"ted harris" wrote in message

Do you feed your wood throught the saw at one foot per second? I think
not.

I sure don't. That is obviously the speed in which the device is designed
around. What percentage of amputations do you suppose are from people
feeding the stock through the blade and continuing on right into their
fingers? The more I think about this the more I think that the hand speed
constant of 2000 mm/sec is inadequate. That is a hand moving under it's own
power. Many injuries happen from kickback which can "throw" a persons hand
into the blade.

Frank