Cooper

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote

Well, at least you are now admitting that fading can happen.

Yes, in dark brown. Are you trying to say paint doesn't fade? Get real.

Oh? The idea is not that they will live in the home for 150 years, but
that longevity is one indicator of quality. It would be nice if every
homeowner remodels with this in mind. I choose materials that will stand
the test of time so that later on someone else (perhaps a stranger,
perhaps a descendant) doesn't have to duplicate the effort. Of course it
is a cost/benefit analysis and I won't spring for the best of everything
but if a better quality item costs just a bit more then it is worth it.
In this case, a wooden window is far, far more attractive than a vinyl
window in addition to lasting longer and being more versatile.

Noone remodels thinking 150 years in advance. Are you some kind of loon?
And I say you're wrong about a wood window lasting longer than a vinyl.
Remember, I had installed thousands of windows. I could count on one hand
the amount of vinyl windows I took out of a home. The reason being is they
bought a cut rate vinyl window, kind of like what you have in your home.
I've handled more quality material than you've ever dreamed of, and the
typical homeowner like yourself wouldn't know quality if it's staring you in
the face.

I guess I did not see them. Please repost.

See? Here is yet another 'feature' of vinyl windows that many people
regard as a 'defect'. I cannot stand mullions between the panes. What
if you want to change the color of the mullions? You regard this as
a feature and I regard it as cut-rate.

Many people regard as a defect? Exactly how many people have you discussed
windows with? I've dealt with literally thousands of people in my career,
you are the first one I've heard this from. I'm sure there are more which
think true divided lites are nicer, for what reason, who knows. I've put in
Marvin bow windows to the tune of $14k my cost, only to hear the owners cry
about the finisher is charging $800 to stain and poly. They complained
about how hard it was going to be to clean all the corners of the panes.
You talk about changing the color of the mullions, are you truely insane? I
can't think of one person with an older home that ever had such a thought.
Wait, I seen one house that did paint the windows a tan instead of white.
Ok, you got me.

Well, I don't mean to be insulting but I think you need glasses.

No, the problem is you need to walk out your front door and see technology.
You probably would think you were having a dream into the future.

You know very little about the technology and improvements that's out there.
You have proven it. Until you got something useful and factful to say,
please refrain from making an ass out of yourself.