Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/17/2004 3:38 PM Chris Carruth wrote:

You can make a drill guide out of 1" thick stock, with the holes made on the
drill press. Use the hinge itself as a pattern to mark the holes. Once
drilled, use doublesided tape to secure to the side walls and drill as
needed. Remove and mount hinges.

Hm. Lemme think about this. With a barrel hinge, there is ONE hole per
hinge. In my case, the hole is 14mm diameter, and goes in 15.5mm deep.
Right into the edge of the 3/4'' MDF cabinet wall.

Knowing me, if I taped a pre-drilled bit of stock against the wall, I'd
probably tug the tape out of place when I shoved that 14mm brad-point
drill down into it. But I could make a right-angled fixture and screw it
onto the side of the MDF -- I could patch the screw holes later and
paint over them.

I think you have answered my plea for help! Thank you!

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus