David

What kind of amplifier?
Is it a single transistor, in common emitter configuration?
Why can't you include a coupling capacitor from the collector?

Above all, why do you need it in the first place? Is there a level
discrepancy?

Thanks for your reply,

I live on a boat and have a number of things that I want to feed into the AV
input of the TV and the levels need tweaking. I'm just going to use a 741
op amp with suitable gain adjust and I have all the bits I need to do that
without ordering anything - except a suitable coupling capacitor. Where I
am, I would have to take a day out to buy one or mail order one from
Maplin - one capacitor is going to cost quite a lot and with the Christmas
post I won't get it working till Xmas Eve anyway! I rather suspect that the
TV audio input jack has a dc block because it reads infinity on my DMM but I
haven't played around with TV AV inputs for many years and I don't know what
the manufacturers are tending to do these days. Is the figure of 0.5V rms,
at Zi10k correct, do you know?