David

Default Audio input to TV

I'm having to build up an audio amplifier to boost the signal from my DVD
player, connected in-line in the audio lead (phono) between the DVD player
and the TV. I gather that the normal signal level is 0.5Vrms and the input
impedance of the TV audio input should be 10k (presumably at 1kHz?). It
would be very convenient for me to leave the dc (around 6V wrt the signal
return) rather than connect via a capacitor....is the TV certain to have
it's own dc block? It is reading off-scale ohms on my DMM. The TV is a
United Kingdom PAL model,
combo, Ferguson, 14" new, with dual tuner (don't know the model without
uninstalling it from the cabinet which takes some time).

Many thanks for the help, David