Bo Williams

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
AFAIK, the only way to get good clean power for use with delicate
electronic equipment -- and I wasn't including a thermostat in that
category -- is by using a generator that incorporates an inverter, such
as the Honda EUx000i series; Yamaha makes similar models. Our amateur
radio club used a couple of EU1000i generators for Field Day (operation
in a temporary location with emergency power -- practice for emergency
situations) last June without frying any of our expensive transceivers.

Man, I really like that little guy. My Honda EU1000i is one of the
things I look at and think "man, they sure can do amazing things these
days." That something with so much juice can be so fuel-efficient and
quiet is really amazing.

Another option if you need to run delicate electronics is to plug a good
uninterruptible power supply into the generator, then plug your
electronics into the UPS. Most of the higher-end consumer model UPSs
have power conditioning standard. I have one of the console-type APC
models that I'm pleased with.

[...]
--
Bo Williams -