Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
I went to a building supply center to get some replacement windows for
my barn. They are the old 4 lite 20X25 inch wooden framed windows
used ever since they first began building barns. I was rather shocked
to find they no longer make wooden ones, but make plastic (vinyl)
ones. Yuckkkkkk.....

I really dont want cheap crappy plastic windows, and they are going to
stick out like a sore thumb, because they are white, while my old
windows are barn red, and I am sure paint will not hold up on them, no
matter what I do.

This is real discouraging, but it seems that everything is being made
of plastic now a days. It's no wonder we have to pay so much for
gasoline these days, since half our crude oil is being turned into
cheap disposible plastic crap.

Wrong, but that is another topic. The platic windows will require less
maintenance, last longer and seal beter than most wood windowsn. Wood is
still made if you take the time fto find it.

Ask about painting them. It can be done and can last a long time.