J. Mark Wolf J. Mark Wolf is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pinckney, Michigan

[quote=Ryan Kremser]First of all the actual project is an bowling arcade game type thing
(http://www.pinrepair.com/bowl/goldmed3.jpg) its easier to see than to
explain. So the updates would only occur to update scores which aside from
when it happens isn't a huge time issue. (ex takes a second to update) The
solution that you mentioned before would definatly work for me, I"m just
wondering what kind of prices i should expect to pay for that setup. Just
to clarify all the inputs are going to be incoming through a ps2 port to the
computer and i'll be updating scores / lighting background / strike lights
ect. with these outputs.

BasicMicro (www.basicmicro.com) makes a standalone 40-pin microcontroller, called the ATOM, programmed in BASIC via the PC serial port. It will do what you want, faster and easier than anything else.