Gerd Busker

In article , James wrote:

But the irony is that a house with crumbling 50 year wiring which has not
been touched requires no certification, whereas if the same house is
competently DIY rewired without BCO approval it is regarded by the
designers of Part P as dangerous.

That and the fact that the extensions to the crumbling ring in my house have
been performed (and, god knows how, certified) by idiots who don't get
earth bonding means I'm puting in a new CU with ground fault protection for
appropriate circuits.

And on another note: I had to cut through the ring pipe (steel) when doing
work in the house and to my amazement only one side bonded to ground,
even though both go back to the CU. How that is possible is a bit beyond me,
but the new cabling now includes a copper ground fat enough for either RCD
or non-RCD protected circuits.

G.

--
http://busker.org | http://www.clustervision.com