MrCheerful

Default Alarm Problem (Possibly OT),

"Charles Middleton" wrote in message
om...
(If this is OT please feel free to direct me to the required NG -
thanks).

I turned my mains power off yesterday at my consumer unit and was
suprised to hear my burglar alarm ringing from the outside. Its never
done this before. I though that if the mains went off (powercut etc)
then the battery in the system would power the alarm. When I restored
the power the alarm stopped sounding.

The battery cant be flat I presume as otherwise the alarm wouldnt
sound at all with the mains off. I took the battery out of the alarm
control box thingy and tested it with a multimeter. It showed approx.
12 volts so it cant be flat.

Any ideas?

CM.

The alarm is taking the power out as being a problem and is sounding, any
good alarm also has a separate battery for the alarm sounder itself, so the
battery in the alarm unit indoors is beside the point!

Look at the literature for the alarm, you will probably find that the power
off alarm is intentional, I had to disconnect mine when I installed the
system as I considered it might be a nuisance.

MrCheerful