Gunner

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:25:00 GMT, "Al MacDonald"
wrote:

I latched onto an older horizontal mill that runs on 3hp 440V 3ph power. My
plan is to hook up a 220V rotary phase converter to a 3KVa 3ph transformer
220/440 and then to the mill. Does anyone see anything obviously wrong with
my plan? I suppose I could try and find a 220/440 single phase transformer
and then a 440V single to 3ph rotary converter but I think this way might be
much more expensive. Thanks, al.

Sure the mill cannot be rewired for 220? If it has a multi speed
motor, probably not. I do have a few single phase transformers big
enough, if you want to come over and pick one up.

My Hardinge TFB is 440, with a 3ph transformer mounted on the back
side, run by a 220 RPC. Works fine.

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio