Cooper

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote
Vinyl has its own set of problems like discoloration. I do not think a
vinyl window will last as long as a good wooden window, which can last
for almost forever. As to whether they are tacky, that is my personal
opinion and I will never, ever install a vinyl window. I am working hard
to remove the vinyl windows the previous owners 'upgraded' to. Also, to
stay on topic, if this guy wants the appearance of stained wood then the

best
way to accomplish that is with stained wood. No vinyl window will give the
appearance of oak or mahogany or whatever this guy is trying to achieve.

Discoloration occurs with recycled vinyl, not virgin vinyl. Virgin vinyl
will not crack like recycled vinyl. There is a huge difference between the
two. Many vinyl windows are made with recycled products, this is what gives
someone with limited experience or knowledge, the impression that they are
junk.

You can think whatever you want on how long they will last. The fact is,
both links I posted, the vinyl is guaranteed for life and both the windows
are transferable to new ownership. You will _not_ find that guarantee on a
wood window. I've installed literally thousands of both wood and vinyl
windows.

You are wrong on the appearance, I can tell you _never_ had the opportunity
to examine a quality laminated vinyl next to a wood window.

You would do yourself a world of good to explore all the possibilites of
todays products instead of just what's in your own home. I don't blame you
for being sour, especially if the previous owner had some garbage windows
installed.