Duane Bozarth

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote:

In article , v wrote:
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:18:52 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

Just curious, but wouldn't it be easier to find a wooden window with
wood grain finish?

Oh the irony. Wood windows do not have any raised "wood grain", they
are sanded smooth. Wood siding is similar. Vinyl clapboards have
"wood grain", while my actual wood clapboards are smooth.....

I did not assume he wanted a raised grain, but rather the appearance of
wood grain. Even on fine furniture (sanded smooth) can you see the grain
of the wood.

Depends on how it's finished--don't see much grain on a Steinway grand,
for example.

But, in general, I get your drift...and concur wrt vinyl--in areas w/
high UV exposure even expensive vinyl tends to break down. On a related
topic, some of the very expensive vinyl fences in town have sagged and
discolored so badly in only about 10 years they're being taken down.